Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17, 1994

Earthquake at 4:31 a.m. Can't believe it's been 15 years.

Every drawer opened and every cupboard emptied.
The glass pans traveled quite a distance across the kitchen.
It doesn't show, but the refrigerator opened and that's orange juice and assorted other treats mixed in with our dishes.
The reports were that there were two strong jolts. We felt three. We soon realized that the third jolt was the freeway crashing at the end of our street.
This was my doctor's office. I decided to wait until they relocated before my next appointment. Robyn was brave enough to pose for the photo.
Thanks for the wedding gifts everyone. Here is our China and Waterford Crystal. Or, what's left of it.
The parking structure at Cal State University Northridge. There is nothing wrong with the photo. The force of the earthquake made it bend that way.

2 comments:

ellen said...

I've never seen those photos! WOW!! Remember February 9, 1971?!?

Happy Earthquake Anniversary, Walt!

Wade said...

You can't blame me for that one. I was in Utah that morning.